Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and easy recipe from The Vegetarian Passport by Linda Woolven. Suitable for potlucks and picnics. Time to make does not include refrigeration time.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (shelled and sliced in half lengthwise)
- 1 very small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional step:.
- Saute finely chopped onion in the optional oil until tender and soft.
- Main directions:.
- Carefully remove egg yolks and place in a small bowl.
- Mash yolk well and add remaining ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Stuff each egg white with mixture and chill.
I just love "deviled eggs" and these were no exception. I took the advise of Kayne, and used 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice. I reduced the paprika mixed in, by half, and used the remainder to sprinkle on top of the eggs. Perfection! Made for Everyday Holiday Tag-Jan'10.
I love stuffed eggs. This recipe has a really yummy flavor. I put a little less than a teaspoon of paprika though. It just looked like too much with the yolks and I TBS was enough for the lemon juice. Had them with my lunch and they were gobbled all up real quick. Definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing Dreamer. Made for Holiday Tag '09
I know I only tagged this today, but I decided to make it for a snack today, since I don't intend to do much cooking today - that will come tomorrow. I tried to give it 5 stars, but for some reason, I think the stars didn't "take". I'll keep trying, though. I loved it, but I can see where some other people may it a bit "tart". I think next time I will do less than the 1 tablespoon that I used. For myself I wouldn't change anything, but that would probably not apply to everyone. However, since I am rating this without any input from my DH, I will go only by my taste buds. It was great!!!