1/3 Photos of Eastern Cod With Roasted Vegetables
The vegetable ragout creates a deep rich bed for the flaky cod fillets. Toasted bread crumbs add a crunchy compliment. This recipe is low in fat and high in flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless cod fish fillets
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1 1/4 inch pieces (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 5 plum tomatoes, halved (about 3/4 pound total)
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch-wide strips
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 500°F.
- 2Season cod with salt and pepper.
- 3In a large shallow baking pan toss zucchini, tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, garlic, and thyme with oil and salt and pepper to taste and spread in one layer.
- 4Roast vegetables in middle of oven 20 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- 5Arrange fish over vegetables and roast 7 minutes more, or until it just flakes with a fork.
- 6While vegetables and fish are roasting, in a small skillet toast bread crumbs with parsley and salt and pepper to taste over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- 7Transfer fish carefully to a plate and keep warm, covered.
- 8To pan vegetables add water, soy sauce, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce and stir to loosen brown bits from bottom of pan and break up tomatoes.
- 9Divide ragout among 4 plates and top with fish and bread crumbs.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eastern Cod With Roasted Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.4
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 438.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 34.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme sprigs