Recipe by mary winecoff
No you don't use bluebirds in this! The eastern bluebird cannot eat the seeds in most feeders. This "pudding" will attract the bluebird to your feeder.
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup margarine
- 4 cups grits (not instant)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- raisins, and peanut hearts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring water and margarine to a boil. Slowly add grits, stirring and cooking until mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter and, if desired, raisins and peanut hearts.
- Mix well and place in feeders. Freeze excess for future use.