Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This great sugar cookie is from Taste of Home. I never use the frosting as they are tender and delicious without it.
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- tinted frosting or colored crystal sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar. Beat in egg yolk and extracts. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until east to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2 inches cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375* for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire rack. Decorate as desired. Yield: 4 dozen.
Easy and very yummy
My family loves these!!