Recipe by Candy in Tyrone, Northern Ireland
A breadmaker loaf recipe changed from a hot cross bun loaf recipe that I found as I dont like the icing topping and I wanted more spice.
- 400 g strong white bread flour
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 175 ml warm water
- 30 g butter
- 3 tablespoons light muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons easy bake yeast (bread maker)
- 200 g mixed fruit (including mixed peel)
For the glaze
Mix together at the end of cooking
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the flour and the spices in a bowl.
- In the bread maker pan, pour in the water; add the egg, butter, sugar and salt. Add the spiced flour making sure the water is all covered. Sprinkle yeast over the flour. If your machine recommends that you add the dry ingredients first simply reverse the order that you add them to the pan.
- Set the Bread Maker to sweet loaf, small loaf and medium crust, at the beep add the mixed fruit.
- Once the loaf is cooked remove from the pan and glaze with the sugar glaze.
- Slice and toast and cover in butter.