1/2 Photos of Easter Spiced Loaf Recipe (Bread Maker)
3 hrs 10 mins
A breadmaker loaf recipe changed from a hot cross bun loaf recipe that I found as I dont like the icing topping and I wanted more spice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g strong white bread flour
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 175 ml warm water
- 30 g butter
- 3 tablespoons light muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons easy bake yeast (bread maker)
- 200 g mixed fruit (including mixed peel)
For the glaze
Mix together at the end of cooking
- 1Sift together the flour and the spices in a bowl.
- 2In the bread maker pan, pour in the water; add the egg, butter, sugar and salt. Add the spiced flour making sure the water is all covered. Sprinkle yeast over the flour. If your machine recommends that you add the dry ingredients first simply reverse the order that you add them to the pan.
- 3Set the Bread Maker to sweet loaf, small loaf and medium crust, at the beep add the mixed fruit.
- 4Once the loaf is cooked remove from the pan and glaze with the sugar glaze.
- 5Slice and toast and cover in butter.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easter Spiced Loaf Recipe (Bread Maker)
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 637.3
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.5 mg
- Sodium 680.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 14.9 g