Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe comes from a goofy old cookbook called "Wolf in Chef's Clothing, the Picture Cook and Drink Book for Men." All the recipes in the book are done in pictures, but I've translated them into words for you. The recipe is from 1950, so feel free to reduce the amount of butter.
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons light cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons bottled chili sauce (the sweet kind)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Combine eggs, cream, and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Beat lightly.
- Mix in chives and chili sauce.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add egg mixture and cook, stirring, until done to your liking.
Loved the slight bite from the sweet chilli sauce (I used a Thai sweet chilli sauce) with the creaminess of the eggs, made for a filling breakfast, thank you Chocolat!, made for 123 Hits tag game.
Was quite surprised by not only how rich these eggs were but also by how well the sweet chili sauce went with them. I cut the recipe in half and made as written. DH commented that he really enjoyed the richness the cream and butter brought and the flavor of the sweet chili sauce giving two thumbs up. Thanks for the post.