Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Our Grand Darlings are split between two homes on the weekends and during the holidays so we celebrated Easter last weekend on April Fools Day with Ham and all the trimmings. Therefore, today, Easter Sunday, I decided to make Easter Sausage with an ensemble of added goodies to make it special. My Peter said it was "magnificent." I simply said "thank you." Enjoy!
- 13 1⁄4 ounces whole wheat penne
- 8 ounces kielbasa (fresh, homemade and blessed by a priest or clergy)
- 30 ounces black beans (2 cans, rinsed)
- 30 ounces great northern beans (2 cans, rinsed)
- 1 cup spinach (finely chopped)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- 1 small yellow zucchini (sliced)
- 1 small green zucchini (sliced)
- 2 teaspoons pesto sauce (tomato)
- 1 teaspoon black beans in garlic sauce (from an oriental market)
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce (Hunts Zesty and Spicy)
- Cook pasta according to package directions (approximately 10 minutes) then drain. Meanwhile cook the sausage covered in 1/2 inch water in a non stick fry pan on high until done (approximately 10 minutes). Cool, halve lengthwise and slice very thin. In large bowl combine all ingredients and mix well. When ready to serve, placed about 12 ounces in a bowl (I use salad plates) and microwave on high for 90 seconds. Top with Parmesan cheese if desired or extra tomato sauce and a dash of basil. Enjoy!