26 hrs 20 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
This is the main dish I made for my Wive's Easter Dinner when our husbands were deployed. There weren't any leftovers! I say 10 servings because it served 10 women. Men might eat more, thus lessening the servings!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (5 lb) bone-in pork loin roast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1For Roast:.
- 2Cut slits into the top of the roast.
- 3Insert garlic slices into slits.
- 4Combine olive oil and spices - rub over roast.
- 5Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 7Bake uncovered for 2 hours and 15 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
- 8Let roast stand 15 minutes before carving.
- 9For Gravy:.
- 10Pour drippings and loose brown bits from the roast pan into a measuring cup.
- 11Skim the fat off the top, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- 12Add water and broth to drippings, set aside.
- 13Sautee onions and mushrooms in oil and butter until tender.
- 14Stir in flour until well blended.
- 15Gradually stir in broth mixture.
- 16Bring to a boil.
- 17Cook and stir constantly for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 18Stir in parsley and pepper.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easter Pork Loin Roast With Onion-Mushroom Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.3
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 187.0 mg
- Sodium 315.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 66.0 g