1/1 Photo of Easter Pizza of the Calabrese Variety
2 hrs 3 mins
This is to be put together over a couple days and finally cooked and eaten on the day before Easter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease the bottom and sides of a 9"x13"x2" deep pan with shortening.
- 2Spread out 3/4 of the dough and line the pan with it (if there are holes wet some of the dough and patch the hole).
- 3The dough needs to hang out of the pan about 1 1/2".
- 4Layer the ingredients as follows: pepperoni, ricotta, ham, mozzarella, egg slices, sopresata, provelone.
- 5Continue layering until all the ingredients are used up.
- 6END WITH PEPPERONI ON TOP!
- 7Roll out remaining dough and cover top.
- 8Cover the holes by pulling over the excess dough that is hanging over.
- 9Seal with water and grease top with shortening.
- 10Prick with a fork all over the top.
- 11Cover with a towel and place in a warm place until when touched with finger the dough springs back (about an hour).
- 12Bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours or until evenly browned.
- 13Turn out on a rack and let cool for about 1/2 hour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easter Pizza of the Calabrese Variety
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 13
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.6
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 205.8 mg
- Sodium 1131.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 30.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: