Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Something a little different for Easter Sunday. overnight refrigeration needed.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon grated meyer lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup meyer lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (to garnish)
- marshmallow peep, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Whisk lemon juice, sugar, egg, egg yolks together. Whisk in the cream until the sugar dissolves. Pass the mixture through a strainer; stir in the lemon rind.
- Place 6 - 3/4 cup pot de creme cups, or custard cups, in a large roasting pan. Divide the mixture evenly into the cups. Pour enough hot water in the pan to come halfway up the sides of the dishes. Cover the pan with aluminum foil. Place in oven and bake until the custard is just set around the edges, approximately 35 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Remove dishes from the pan and allow them to cool. Then, cover and chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours and as long as overnight.
- To Serve.
- Beat the remaining whipping creme until soft peaks form. Spoon one tablespoon of whipped cream atop each pot de creme. Place one "peep" in the cream to hold it upright.
Cute and tasty dessert! I love anything lemon and this was no exception. Very good directions. I used custard cups that measured 3/4 of a cup each, they fit well in a 9x13 inch glass baking dish. I like the idea of making these the day before. Thanks for sharing this recipe, one I will be making again.