Recipe by southern_gal12000
Bunny shaped treat made with peanut butter, crisp rice cereal and marshmallows! I had this recipe that I cut out of a magazine. It's from Jif. I haven't tried it (I'm not a huge sweets person.) but I found it also at Allrecipes and it got a 5 star so thought I should add it here. Just in time for Easter!
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 (10 ounce) packages marshmallows
- 2 cups jif creamy peanut butter
- 10 cups crisp rice cereal
- crisco nonstick cooking spray
- smucker's jelly beans
- licorice, gum drops or decorative candy
- glaze, listed below. (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows. Stir until completely melted and remove from heat.
- 2. Stir in peanut butter and mix well to incorporate.
- 3. Add rice crisp cereal and stir until well coated.
- 4. Press into two 9-inch pans, well coated with CRISCO® No-Stick Cooking Spray, and allow to cool.
- 5. Cut ears and bow tie from one cake. This is done by cutting two football-shaped ears from the top and bottom of one cake layer, leaving a bow-tie-shaped piece in the middle.
- 6. Position two ears at top of whole round cake and place bow tie under face.
- 7. Apply optional glaze, if desired. Decorate with SMUCKER'S® Jelly Beans, marshmallows, licorice and gum drops or any of your favorite cake decorations.