Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
At our Russian Orthodox church in Boston many Greek's came to celebrate as they did not have a Greek church in the small town we lived in. They preferred this versian of Pascha to the traditional Russian style (it IS absolutely wonderful with the sweet Polish bread!)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄8 cup blanched slivered almond
- Place cream cheese, butter in mixing bowl and whip until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and mix at low speed until well blended.
- Add vanilla extra and mix well.
- Fold sour cream into mixture.
- Place in decorative bowl(s) and refrigerate over night.
- Decorate with raisins, nuts and any other edible fruit that you choose.
- Traditional this Easter dish is decorated with a cross or other Christian symbols.
- Serve with sweet bread.
Yum! This is definitely a childhood memory food. I looked forward to this every Pascha. Especially after no dairy for 40 days! So rich and creamy.