This is a peanut-free recipe I developed using Easter Nests With Jelly Bean Eggs by winkki as a base. I had to make these peanut free for my DD's grade one class and this is what I came up with. They turned out great, and I'd like to thank Winkki for a terrific idea! You can mix chocolate and white chips together if you want to make the full 2 cups. Makes 20 small nests.
- Break chow mein noodles into small pieces in a bowl.
- Place chocolate chips, skor bits, sugar and corn syrup in a pot and melt on low heat until thoroughly melted, combined and smooth.
- Pour mixture over noodles and toss until completely coated.
- Let cool very slightly until you are able to work with mixture, don't let it sit too long or it will harden too much to shape.
- In the palm of your hand, shape mixture into a small ball and press an indentation in the center of each ball so they look like bird's nests.
- Place each nest in a small muffin cup and let cool completely.
- Place three jelly beans in each nest.
- If desired, Serve on a bed of green-tinted coconut for extra festive look.