1/1 Photo of Easter Nests With Jelly Bean Eggs (Peanut Free)
This is a peanut-free recipe I developed using Easter Nests With Jelly Bean Eggs by winkki as a base. I had to make these peanut free for my DD's grade one class and this is what I came up with. They turned out great, and I'd like to thank Winkki for a terrific idea! You can mix chocolate and white chips together if you want to make the full 2 cups. Makes 20 small nests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Break chow mein noodles into small pieces in a bowl.
- 2Place chocolate chips, skor bits, sugar and corn syrup in a pot and melt on low heat until thoroughly melted, combined and smooth.
- 3Pour mixture over noodles and toss until completely coated.
- 4Let cool very slightly until you are able to work with mixture, don't let it sit too long or it will harden too much to shape.
- 5In the palm of your hand, shape mixture into a small ball and press an indentation in the center of each ball so they look like bird's nests.
- 6Place each nest in a small muffin cup and let cool completely.
- 7Place three jelly beans in each nest.
- 8If desired, Serve on a bed of green-tinted coconut for extra festive look.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easter Nests With Jelly Bean Eggs (Peanut Free)
Serving Size: 1 (852 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 23.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chow mein noodles