Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make these each year a put one by each place setting to add something different to the table.
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 1 cup pastel M&M's plain chocolate candy
- powdered sugar
- more pastel M&M's plain chocolate candy
- -In a mixing bowl, beat the marshmallow cream, peanut butter and butter until smooth.
- -Fold in noodles and M&M's.
- -Chill till easy to handle.
- -On waxed paper, form mixture by about 1/3 cupfuls into 3" nests.
- -Chill for 30 minutes.
- -Dust with powdered sugar.
- -Place several M&M's in the nests.
- -Chill till ready to use.
When I tried to fold in the M&M's, they just did not want to stay in the mixture, so I ended up letting them drop into a small dish as I formed the noodles into nests. Of course, the M&M's did not go to waste! I did drop some of them into the nests once they chilled. Really a cute idea.
I only used M&Ms as the "eggs" in the nest. I didnt use powdered sugar either. This sure beats the chocolate nests that I am tired of seeing. In spite of all of that, we LOVED the nests! Really yummy!