Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are such a big hit with all kids-adults too! :)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) bag shredded coconut
- green food coloring
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) package marshmallow peeps (your choice of color-I usually make 24 with blue, pink and yellow birds)
- 48 jelly beans
- Make Rice Krispies treats as directed on box.
- Lightly butter your hands.
- Pinch out a handful of the prepared Rice Krispies treats, roll in a ball, and place on wax paper.
- Form ball into a "bird nest" formation.
- While Rice Krispies nests are cooling, dye the coconut.
- Place coconut in a bowl and add green food color-shake until coated well.
- Put one Peep in the middle of the nest.
- Place green coconut around the peep.
- Place 3-6 jellybeans around each peep.
I made these for my son's preschool Easter party and everyone loved them and commented on how great they looked. They were easy and so fun to make...thanks!
Loved this recipe! So fun to make. I made these in the mini muffin tins without the liners (sprayed with Pam) and still had enough rice krispies to make 7 in the full size muffin tins. I put two jelly beans in the "little nests" and 4 in the "larger" nests. I used a 7oz bag of coconut and had quite a bit leftover. I always add 1 tsp of vanilla to my rice krispie mix to keep them chewy. Thanks for the great recipe that I cane take to my new job for treat day!
What fun we had making these! My whole family got in on it...hubby, both kids and me. We didn't use the marshmallow peeps as these are chock full of sugar without them! We formed the "nests" in fun muffin liners in my muffin pans and then added the green coconut and jellybeans. They are absolutely TOO cute!