Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Get yourself in the Easter mood with these sweet, chocolately muffins! Yum! :)
- 100 g butter
- 100 g dark cooking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 160* and grease a muffin pan.
- Place butter, chocolate and sugar in a saucepan, and melt over low heat.
- Stir in milk, flour, cocoa, appricots and nuts. Mix until just combined.
- Spoon into pan, and bake for 25 minutes, or until muffins bounce back when touched gently in centre.
Chef, the degrees are in celcius not farrenhiet. Used this recipe as a base for some mud muffins. Worked well, nice and moist. Used a portion of milk chocolate to sweeten them a little.
I think this is supposed to be baked at 360 and not 160. Also, I didnt have self-raising flour so I added some baking powder and baking soda. Pretty tasty however I would use more apricots to really bring their flavor out more.