1/4 Photos of Easter Hard Boiled Eggs
Cap'n Ron's Note:
A Gruszecki tradition and now ours, is that each person gets a colored egg at the beginning of the meal, right after "grace". Each person uses his/her egg to tap on everyone else at the table, while wishing them a Happy Easter. Part of the trick is to be the last one with an egg not crushed. After you smack eggs with everyone at the table, the egg gets peeled and eaten. The following are a few hints that will help you cook the best hardboiled eggs: The fresher the egg, the harder it will be to peal it. You should purchase your eggs 2 weeks before you'll be cooking them in order to get them to peal easy. And, the way to get the yolk to be in the center of the egg after it's boiled, is to store them on their side. This relieves the pressure on the membrane within the egg that holds it suspended. The green coloring on the outside of the yolk is caused by cooking them too long. Cooking by the directions below will eliminate that. For additional pictures, please visit: http://www.capnrons.com/R_S_Easter_HardBoiled_Eggs.html?id=RZ
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the eggs in a pot with enough cold salted water to cover.
- 2Place over high heat and bring to a boil.
- 3Boil for 5 minutes only, then take off the heat and let the eggs sit in the pot, covered, for an additional 10 minutes.
- 4You'll get perfect hard boiled eggs using this method, without the outside of the yolk turning green.
- 5Drain the water out and either run cold water in or use ice cubes.
- 6If you don't cool them off quickly enough, they will develop a green skin between the yolk and the white.
- 7Peel the eggs, quarter and plate them.
- 8You can make these eggs a day or 2 ahead of Easter.
- 9If you wish to dye them, purchase "Paas" dyes or another edible dye version and follow the package directions.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easter Hard Boiled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.8
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 179.1 mg
- Sodium 68.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g