Recipe by yamma
This cake takes a little work, but it's a real treat. I prefer using loaf pans. After cake is cool, I like to place it on a sheet of wax paper, douse it with some Malibu rum, wrap it up tightly and set it aside for a few days before serving.
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup glace cherries
- 2 cups glace pineapple
- 4 cups pecans
- 1 (1/2 ounce) bottle pure vanilla extract
- 1 (1/2 ounce) bottle lemon extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, add sugar, gradually creaming well until fluffy.
- Add eggs and blend.
- Chop nuts and fruit into fine pieces and mix with a few spoons of the flour.
- Sift remaining flour and baking powder together.
- Fold flour into creamed mixture, add flavorings and mix well.
- fold in nuts and fruit.
- Pour into greased and floured tube pan or 2 loaf pans.
- Place in cold oven and bake@ 250 degrees for 3 hours.