Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have served this salad many times and am always asked what the delicious dressing is made from. You can sub strawberries for the grapes if you want. If desired you can add 2 bananas right before serving. Here is the recipe but don't tell.
- 1 (21 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- Drain pineapple chunks and mandarin oranges.
- Mix all ingredients together and chill.
I had to rinse the peaches, because they were too sweet. Next time I will use just canned peaches. I love the addition of lemon juice, it made the flavors of this fruit salad really pop.
I loved this recipe and so did everyone else who had it for dinner this Easter. I used both the grapes and strawberries and followed the other directions exactly. Thanks so much
A nice change from my usual holiday 5-Cup Salad. The sweetness of the pie filling overpowered the other fruits, so next time I will double the oranges and pineapple.