1/6 Photos of Easter Eggs - Decorate and Dye Options
You can have so much fun decorating Easter eggs - it's not just for kids! Here are a few suggestions for both decorating and dying. I had to lump all of the decorating ideas together because I couldn't list the different items in the ingredients. The ideas are easy, just take a look! I hope you find something that can express your artistic flair! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- hardboiled egg (boil for 10 minutes)
To dye (for each color)
- 1DECORATING THE EGGS: Wrap different sized elastic bands around eggs. Wrap them snugly but not tight enough to break the eggs -- OR tie string around eggs in a random or set pattern -- OR use a white crayon to write words, make a design or pattern on your eggs -- OR place tape on eggs to create a pattern or stripes around the eggs -- OR place shaped stickers on the eggs. They can be shapes, letters, numbers, etc.
- 2DYING THE EGGS: For each color, mix hot water, vinegar and food coloring in a heat proof, narrow, deep dish, such as a canning jar. Mix the colors to your preference. Use 20 drops of just one color or combine colors to create many different shades and hues.
- 3Using tongs, submerge eggs for 3-5 minutes for a lighter shade and up to 10 minutes for a deeper shade. Remove with tongs.
- 4DRYING THE EGGS: You can set the eggs on wax paper if you can set the eggs on the elastics, tape or stickers. Let eggs dry for 1 to 2 hours and refrigerate -- OR you can poke many flat head pins on a thick piece of cardboard or foam board. Set eggs on top of the pins. Let eggs dry for 1 to 2 hours.
- 5Remove whatever decorating items you used and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easter Eggs - Decorate and Dye Options
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g