Recipe by Texas Aggie Mom
I haven't tried this yet, but I can't wait to see if it works! Write secret messages on hard cooked eggs - messages that appear only when the egg is shelled and ready to eat. You put the design on the eggs BEFORE they are cooked.
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the alum in the vinegar.
- Use a small paint brush to write messages or draw designs on the egg shells.
- Let the solution dry thoroughly.
- Boil the eggs as you usually would.
- ***There will be no trace of writing on the shell when the eggs are served, but inside on the hard-cooked egg white, the writing or design will appear bright and clear.