Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
In Northern Indiana where I was brought up there was a little Polish lady that made this soup one time after Easter. I don't know what the real name is...something I couldn't say even if I could remember I would guess. Needless to say, it's been on my mind to find the recipe and see if the recipe lives up to the memory. There are a couple similar recipes posted, but not quite like the one I found written down in chicken scratch. I haven't tried to make this one yet, but when I do I'm hoping it's as good as my memory of that one bowl of soup a looong time ago. The recipe I have doesn't include serving amount so I'm guessing to get this on 'zaar!
- Fry the bacon and cut it into 1" pieces.
- Slice the eggs and sausage.
- Cut up the ham into 1/2" cubes.
- Put everything into a large pot and cover with hot water.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer until the egg yolks are well dissolved.
- Serve with horseradish to suit your taste.
- *Note: The chicken scratch says something about rye bread -- guessing it's a good addition to the meal?