Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A jello salad molded in egg shells! My mom sent me this recipe thinking my kids would like it. It's fancy enough to serve with Easter dinner, too.
- 1 (3 ounce) package gelatin, any flavor
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 12 eggs
- lettuce leaf, garnish
- mayonnaise, garnish
- Using raw eggs, break the shells very carefully, so that just the tip of the shell is broken; use something sharp to poke inside and break the yolk; pour out the yolk & whites; Set the shells aside to dry out.
- Mix the gelatin in bowl according to package instructions; Add the lemon juice and vegetables; stir.
- Then pour the fruit salad into the egg shell opening.
- Cover the hole with cellophane or adhesive tape, and set into custard or muffin cups.
- Chill until the gelatin is firm (overnight if possible).
- Serve by breaking away the egg shell and placing the resulting egg shape on lettuce leaves, and top with a dollop of mayonnaise.