1/2 Photos of Easter Egg Nest Treats
From Rice Krispies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small bowl stir together water and green food coloring. Add coconut. Stir until coconut is tinted. Spread on baking sheet to dry.
- 2In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- 3Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
- 4Divide warm mixture into sixteen 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray. Shape mixture into individual cups. Cool. Remove from pans.
- 5Fill cooled nests with coconut, marshmallows, jelly beans or chocolate eggs. Best if served the same day.
- 6MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 thru 5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- 7Note: For best results, use fresh marshmallows. Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze unfilled cups, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before filling.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easter Egg Nest Treats
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.4
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 131.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 0.9 g