Recipe by Debbie V.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Ham, Eggs, Cream cheese & cheddar Simply Potato baskets
Top Review by tracytrebilcox
First off, to keep the recipe to five ingredients as per the contest, I deleted the ham (the eggs weren't listed on the ingredients list). I also couldn't find my muffin pan, so I just made cups with some aluminum foil that I had used an old jelly jar as the mold. However, this was really delicious! It's a bit more work than I would like for a breakfast, but one of my daughters didn't get to try it because she had gotten home from a date too late and slept in, so her twin ate her "basket". If I make this again, I'll probably add some chopped onions to the hashbrowns just to give it a bit more flavor.
- 2 (20 ounce) bags Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 lb cooked sliced deli ham
- 12 slices bacon
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a Large nonstick muffin tin press shredded potatoes into a large size muffin tin on the bottom and up the sides. Preheat oven 350 degrees place in oven for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Crack 12 eggs whisk add 1 brick of softened cream cheese, 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese & 1/2 lb finely diced cooked deli ham, . Pour egg mixture into all 12 simply potato baskets & bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until eggs are done. Using a tooth pick test when it comes out dry they are ready to serve.
- While baskets are cooking cook 12 strips of bacon place on papertowel pat dry then hang over a rack to bend into basket handles. When your Easter Egg Baskets are done remove from oven place 1 piece of bacon on each basket to look like a handle to a basket. Now just serve and enjoy! Yummy!