Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This comes from Martha Stewart's website. I adore cheesecake so I had to post this so I wouldn't lose it...sounds delicious! I plan to make it for my Family Easter dinner.
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 113.39 g finely ground blanched almond
- 907.18 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter an 8-by-3-inch round cake pan and dust with ground almonds; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, cream, and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, and beat until incorporated. Beat in zests and vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan, and place in a large roasting pan. Transfer to oven rack, and carefully add enough boiling water to the roasting pan to come two-thirds up the side of the cake pan.
- Bake until firm, about 2 hours, adding more boiling water if necessary. Turn off the oven; keep the oven door ajar using a wooden spoon. Let cake cool completely in the oven.
- Transfer to refrigerator and chill overnight. Invert onto a plate; serve.
Delicious and easy! I quartered the recipe using our mini springform pan and put some sliced almonds around the edge for presentation. I baked it at 350F for 1 hour and chilled overnight. We especially loved the flavor the orange peel gave this cheesecake. Thanks for posting. :)
I've made this recipe countless times - it's absolutely fantastic!! Sometimes, I'll double it and use a 10" round springform pan. My husband will eat 1/4 of the cake in one sitting - it's that good!