Mia K's Note:
I don't know if this has another name, but I couldn't find the recipe anywhere. Living in the South I miss this bread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put flour into a large tub or pan and make a hole in the middle of the flour.
- 2Heat the milk and margarine on the stove but do not let it boil.
- 3Remove from the stove and add sugar and salt.
- 4Beat eggs in a separate bowl.
- 5Add vanilla to the eggs.
- 6Dissolve the yeast in 5 cups of warm water.
- 7Pour yeast into flour.
- 8Add egg mixture to flour.
- 9Add in milk mixture slowly.
- 10Knead flour mixture until it blisters and is smooth.
- 11(use oil on your hands if the dough is sticky).
- 12Cover the dough with plastic wrap and then cover it with a blaket or dish towels.
- 13Let the dough raise in a warm place for about an hour (should double in size).
- 14Pan the dough into braided loaves.
- 15Cover the loaves and let them raise another hour.
- 16Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- 17Bake for about 20 minutes (may want to turn the pan after 10 minutes).
- 18After the bread is golden brown beat one egg with a few tablespoons of water and brush the egg wash on the top of the loaves.
- 19Put loaves back in the oven for 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easter Bread
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.7
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 52.4 mg
- Sodium 221.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 11.8 g