2 hrs 30 mins
This ham is cooked with a little liquid in the pan to keep it tender and juicy. Serve with Champagne Raisin Sauce. Instead of the champagne, you could use half champagne and half white wine or sherry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE HAM
- 8 lbs semi boneless ready to serve ham
- 15 whole cloves
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 grated orange, rind of
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
CHAMPAGNE RAISIN SAUCE
- 1FOR THE HAM: Trim skin and excess fat from ham, leaving about 1/4 inch covering of fat over ham. Insert cloves into fat side of ham; place in roasting pan, fat side up.
- 2Combine orange juice, wine and orange rind; set 1/2 cup aside and pour remaining mixture over ham. Set roasting pan on top of stove and bring liquid to boil, then place in 325°F oven for 1 1/2 hours, basting occasionally.
- 3Combine reserved liquid, honey, ginger and mustard; stir until smooth. Pour over ham and bake for 30 minutes, basting occasionally. Makes about 12 servings.
- 4FOR THE CHAMPAGNE RAISIN SAUCE: In saucepan, bring 1 cup of the champagne and raisins to boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Dissolve cornstarch in remaining champagne; add to saucepan along with sugar, butter, salt, cloves and cinnamon.
- 6Cook, stirring, until boiling and slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour into sauceboat. Makes about 3 cups enough for 12 servings.
- 7The Canadian Living Entertaining Cookbook.
- 9Shrimp cocktail with pineapple.
- 10Braised Ham with Orange honey glaze.
- 11Champagne raisins sauce.
- 12Scalloped potatoes.
- 13Steamed asparagus or green beans.
- 14Marinated vegetable salad.
- 15Lemon parfait with almonds and strawberries.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easter Braised Ham With Orange Honey Glaze and Champagne Raisin
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1013.3
- Calories from Fat 599
- Total Fat 66.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.1 g
- Cholesterol 221.8 mg
- Sodium 3894.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 30.7 g
- Protein 50.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, rind of