Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb beef flank steak
- 2 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (8 to 10-inch diameter)
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄3 cup honey-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In large bowl, combine dressi ng ingredients; whisk until blended.
- Place beef steak in plastic bag; add 3/4 of dressing, turning to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile add coleslaw mix, green onions, salt and pepper to remaining 1/4 of dressing in bowl; toss.
- Set aside. Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil.
- Remove steak from dressing; discard dressing.
- Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes fro medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. A few minutes before steak is done, place tortilla packet on grid near edge of grill to heat. Remove steak from grill; let rest 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season steak with salt and pepper, as desired; carve diagonally into thin slices.
- To assemble, layer an equal amount of beef, coleslaw mixture and the peanuts down center of each tortilla.
- Fold bottom edge of tortilla up over filling.
- Fold right and left sides to center, overlapping edges.
- Garnish with green onion and peanuts, if desired.
- Tip: To broil, place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of meat is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 13 to 18 minutes, turning once. Thinly sliced green cabbage may be substituted for packaged coleslaw mix.
This was a great recipe. My husband was afraid it would be a waste of a good flank steak, but even he had to admit that this was a great combination of flavors. Very Yummy. The kids had a tough time handling the wrap format.
I LOVED this! The combination of flavors was fabulous! A definite keeper!