Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 large boiled potatoes, peeled or chopped
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Saute the onion, celery, and green pepper in 1/4 cup of the water in a large nonstick frying pan for 5 minutes.
- Add the poatoes and the remaining 1/4 cup water.
- Cook, stirring gently, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, cumin, and soy sauce.
- Cook, stirring, until the bottom browns lightly, about 2 minutes.
This is a very healthy recipe. This combination of rice and vegetables is very good together, but I found the amount of cumin to be rather overpowering. With less cumin, this could be a nice sidedish of vegetarian meal, but I would have difficulty eating it for breakfast.