I am so excited to find a recipe from the East Side Mario's chain...I never had a dish I did not like there! I was so sad when the franchise left Ohio, but now I can duplicate an old favorite right at home! This is fabulous! Directions for roasted tomato: I usally buy the Hunt's brand of fire roasted tomatoes and substitute. You can follow the directions here though: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/10/oven-roasted-tomatoes/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 16 slices red peppers, julienned 1/8-inch
- 16 slices green peppers, julienned 1/8-inch
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked linguine (12 oz. dry)
- 2 cups alfredo sauce
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 cup oven-roasted tomato, julienned
- 1Place chicken breast on grill and season with salt and pepper and grill until fully cooked. Once chicken is fully cooked, julienne 1/4 inch.
- 2While chicken is on grill, place sauté pan on stove and turn flame to medium heat.
- 3Place pasta in a pot of boiling salted water and cook to manufacturer's specifications.
- 4Allow pan to heat, add oil and place garlic and peppers in pan and sauté gently.
- 5When garlic is cooked, add julienned hot chicken breast.
- 6Ladle Alfredo sauce and sun-dried tomato pesto on top of pasta. Toss pasta thoroughly, add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- 7Mix pasta thoroughly so that all pasta is coated with sauce.
- 8Transfer pasta to bowl, bringing chicken, peppers and tomatoes to the top for a colorful presentation.
- 9Garnish with parsley sprig and a pasta spoon.
- 10*If oven-roasted tomato is not available at your market you prepare them at home. Slice 6 roma tomatoes and place on a baking sheet. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes until the edges begin to brown. You can remove the skins if you like, but it is not necessary.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for East Side Mario's Oven Roasted Tomato Linguine (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.0
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 226.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 35.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sun-dried tomato pesto