Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I am so excited to find a recipe from the East Side Mario's chain...I never had a dish I did not like there! I was so sad when the franchise left Ohio, but now I can duplicate an old favorite right at home! This is fabulous! Directions for roasted tomato: I usally buy the Hunt's brand of fire roasted tomatoes and substitute. You can follow the directions here though: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/10/oven-roasted-tomatoes/
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 16 slices red peppers, julienned 1/8-inch
- 16 slices green peppers, julienned 1/8-inch
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked linguine (12 oz. dry)
- 2 cups alfredo sauce
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 cup oven-roasted tomatoes, julienned
- parsley sprig
- Place chicken breast on grill and season with salt and pepper and grill until fully cooked. Once chicken is fully cooked, julienne 1/4 inch.
- While chicken is on grill, place sauté pan on stove and turn flame to medium heat.
- Place pasta in a pot of boiling salted water and cook to manufacturer's specifications.
- Allow pan to heat, add oil and place garlic and peppers in pan and sauté gently.
- When garlic is cooked, add julienned hot chicken breast.
- Ladle Alfredo sauce and sun-dried tomato pesto on top of pasta. Toss pasta thoroughly, add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Mix pasta thoroughly so that all pasta is coated with sauce.
- Transfer pasta to bowl, bringing chicken, peppers and tomatoes to the top for a colorful presentation.
- Garnish with parsley sprig and a pasta spoon.
- *If oven-roasted tomato is not available at your market you prepare them at home. Slice 6 roma tomatoes and place on a baking sheet. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes until the edges begin to brown. You can remove the skins if you like, but it is not necessary.