1/3 Photos of East Side Mario's Hell's Kitchen Chicken (Pollo Italian)
I have never tried a dish at East Side Mario's that I did not enjoy. Found this one out surfing the net and tried it. It was a nice alternative to a traditional Chicken Parmesan, and the sauce would also taste lovely over grilled chicken. *If you would like to spice this up a bit, add the optional crushed red pepper. *(Spicey option added based on Sam#3's review July 2008)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons margarine or 2 teaspoons oil or 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Pour tomatoes into blender or food processor.
- 2Add basil, tarragon, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
- 3Puree until smooth.
- 4Melt margarine in large frypan.
- 5Saute garlic over medium heat 1 minute.
- 6Add chicken breasts, saute, turning once or twice until golden on both sides.
- 7Turn chicken fleshy side down and cover with tomato mixture.
- 8Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes until tender.
- 9Remove chicken and place fleshy side up, in a warm oven proof dish.
- 10Stir parsley into sauce and spoon over chicken breasts.
- 11Sprinkle with Mozzarella.
- 12Place under heated broiler 1 minute just until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for East Side Mario's Hell's Kitchen Chicken (Pollo Italian)
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.6
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 86.5 mg
- Sodium 543.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 29.2 g