Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on CyberKuali. It's very refreshing and delicious. The dressing is wonderful!!
- 1 small jicama, peeled,quartered and thinly sliced (sengkuang)
- 1 -2 unripe green mango
- 1 small pineapple, peeled,quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, quartered,cored and thinly sliced
- 1 small guava, quartered and thinly sliced (preferably seedless)
- 1 star fruit, thinly sliced into stars
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pomegranate, peel and separate seeds
- 3 tablespoons skinless peanuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce (sweet)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil or 1 tablespoon palm oil
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar, finely chopped (gula melaka)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 birds eye chiles, finely chopped (cilipadi)
- Soak apple slices for five minutes in a solution of 1 tbsp lime juice mixed with 1 cup water.
- Layer thinly-sliced fruit into a shallow glass dish, Or you may stack them in layers on individual plates/bowls.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve (this can be done several hours ahead).
- Toast peanuts and sesame seeds in 350F oven for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To make dressing, combine all the dressing ingredients (apart from the peanuts and sesame seeds) in a small bowl, stirring well.
- Add the sesame seeds and half the peanuts.
- Serve in a bowl alongside the salad.
- The remaining chopped peanuts should be offered as an additional garnish which guests can sprinkle on their salad.
This is a gorgeous and delicious salad and just perfect for the fall season. We really enjoyed this.
Delicious and we will be having variations of this salad often! I wasn't able to get all the fruit listed so I used 1 jicama, 2 mangos, 1 apple, 1 pineapple and 2 kiwies. For the dressing I also needed to change it around a bit by using all one kind of soy sauce (2 T) and 4 T of sugar (I don't know what palm sugar is). I also used milder chili peppers. This is a delicious tropical salad which wins rave reviews! We will be having this again soon! Thanks for sharing!