Mims & Squims's Note:
New twist on a southwest classic
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium ripe Hass avocadoes
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup water chestnut, diced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced (2 TB)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sesame chili oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- sea salt, to taste
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 fresh cilantro stems
- 1Scrape avocado pulp into a medium bowl.
- 2Roughly mash avocado & mix in red onion, water chestnuts, garlic, cumin, 5-spice, sesame chile oil, cilantro leaves, lime juice and salt. Set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 4Slice each pita into 8 wedges.
- 5Separate each wedge by pulling it apart three-fourths of the way.
- 6In small bowl combine cumin, paprika, 5-spice, garlic powder, sesame seeds and salt.
- 7Spray each pita with oil. Immediately sprinkle with spice mixture to coat lightly.
- 8Transfer to baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes until golden and crisp.
- 9Drain crisps on paper towel and transfer to platter.
- 10Garnish guacamole with cilantro sprigs and sliced green onions.
- 11Serve with pita crisps.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for East Meets West Guacamole & Spicy Pita Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.2
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 336.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sesame chili oil