Recipe by WI Cheesehead
I had a bottle of sake and decided to try throwing some things together for a new flavor for crock pot chicken. It turned out tasty and the whole family liked it. I put the chicken in the crock pot frozen and cooked on high for 6 hours. I didn't really measure anything, so I'm taking my best guess as to the amounts. Salsa Salad Seasoning is a dry seasoning from Penzey's that tastes great in a number of different foods. If you don't have that, you could try a chili seasoning.
Top Review by **Mandy**
This was my first time doing a roast chook in the crockpot, I can't believe how easy it is. I put a frozen solid chicken in and in about 5 hours it was fall apart tender. The only thing is because the chicken just falls apart, you have to be careful of the small bones. I used a sweet white wine with the taco seasoning as it's all I had & it worked well. I drained off most of the pan juices & then boiled them down with a little cornflour to thicken to make a gravy, added some greens to the plate & presto dinner was served. Too easy, thanks for posting!
- 1 (4 lb) roasting chickens
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 large potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sake or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 -2 tablespoon salsa seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onions in bottom of crock pot.
- Place chicken on top and scatter potatoes around.
- Pour sake or white wine over chicken and potatoes.
- Sprinkle or rub salsa seasoning into chicken and sprinkle remaining ingredients over it.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or on high (time depending upon your crock pot or if you put the chicken in frozen).