Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is a 1st place winner T. Cubbage made this wonderful flavored cake.There is no milk in the cake. Please try this. A blend of different curries which results in a fantastic blend of flavor. I have made a few changes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups water, lukewarm
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons dark old Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, preferably red
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pam cooking spray
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1 cup finely chopped mango
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 drops orange food coloring
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- 1For Cake:
- 2In large mixing bowl, combine butter, vinegar, vanilla and lukewarm water.
- 3In another bowl sift flour sugar,cocoa, curry powder,baking soda and salt.
- 4Pour dry ingredients slowly into butter mixture. Mix on low speed with mixer. Use spatula to scrape the sides and blend until smooth.
- 5Preheat oven 350*.
- 6Spray pam on two round baking pans.
- 7Sprinkle flour on sprayed pans. Shake off excess.
- 8Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or when you press on the top, the dent comes back then the cake is done. Cool on racks.
- 9For Filling:.
- 10In small saucepan add filling ingredients.Bring to a boil and then simmer until jelly consistency. Stir frequently. Do not burn.
- 11Set aside. When cool, spread between the two cake layers.
- 12For Frosting:.
- 13In another saucepan heat cream, butter, yellow curry and corn syrup. Bring to a boil and stir.
- 14In stainless steel bowl add chocolate pieces.
- 15Pour boiling cream mixture over chocolate pieces. Leave for 5 minutes. Stir to mix.
- 16Pour over cool cake and spread with spatula. Cool until serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for East Indian Chocolate Cake With Filling
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1255.4
- Calories from Fat 484
- Total Fat 53.8 g
- Saturated Fat 32.7 g
- Cholesterol 105.4 mg
- Sodium 734.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 187.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 132.9 g
- Protein 10.7 g