Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
I adopted this from the recipezaar account in early 2005. Have not had a chance to make it yet but will be making it soon and will be 'tweeking' the ingredients and directions if necessary.
- 1⁄2 onion, Chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, Chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups skinless chicken, cooked diced chicken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley, Chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 cups rice, Cooked
- Cook onion, pepper and garlic in oil until tender, about 3 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, except rice, cook over low heat for 30 minute.
- Serve over rice.
I lovvvve this recipe. I found it on www.orientalfood.com years ago when I was trying to find some great Chinese recipes. I left the raisins out too, the recipe I found said they was optional.
Made this as specified sans raisins. Very easy to make, but lacking in a robust taste. I have to agree with Chef Diva Divine's review of adding more curry powder and garlic. It was just missing something and was a bit watery. Overall though, I think this is a good recipe to start, and there are some possibilities of "Tweeking" it as the author had suggested. Thanks for posting!
I thought I had rated already....I used a whole onion, and pepper, an additional 1/2tsp curry powder, used 3tsp minced garlic(garlic lovers) didn't have enough rasins, but I sure wish I did...that would have made this really superb. I also used dried parsley (only on hand), added a dash of ground red pepper, and nutmeg. and small family so I only made 1 1/2C Jasmine rice. Really a great dinner. Thnx 4 sharing