Recipe by Sharon123
This is exotic with the flavors of mango chutney, curry powder, coconut, and peanuts! Prep time includes chilling time.
Top Review by Seasoned Cook
Delicious cheese logs!!! Time is required to let the flavors meld together. I could not find mango chutney, but used peach chutney. Easier preparation to put in fridge to allow to get very cold before forming logs or balls. A great item to have for parties or wedding receptions. Glad you decided to share this recipe! Thank you!!
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml cottage cheese
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 236.59 ml finely chopped green onion
- 236.59 ml dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 236.59 ml golden raisin
- 118.29 ml flaked coconut
- 177.44 ml mango chutney
- 59.14 ml flaked coconut, toasted (optional)
- mango, slices (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add green onions and next 3 ingredients; beat at low speed until mixed well.
- Stir in chutney.
- Cover and chill slightly.
- Divide cheese mixture in half; shape each portion into a 12-inch log.
- Wrap in wax paper, and chill 6 hours or until firm.
- Place cheese logs on a serving tray; if desired, garnish with toasted coconut and mango slices.
- Serve with toasted pita bread triangles, crackers, or apple slices.