Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this out of Midwest Living Magazine years ago, and it is still my favorite meatloaf recipe.
Make and share this East Franklin Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Kitchen Bouquet
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round
- 1 cup crouton, crushed slightly
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, tomato paste, seasoning salt and pepper. Stir in green pepper, onion and celery.
- Add beef and croutons. Mix thoroughly with hands.
- In a shallow baking pan form mixture into a loaf. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes until juices run clear. Remove foil halfway through cook time.
- Let stand five minutes before serving.
- Note: I often substitute ketchup for the tomato paste with no effect on the taste.