Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a quick soup, but it still has all the taste of a long, slow-cooked dish--great for busy nights.
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 cups celery, cut diagonally into slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes with juice, cut up
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can minced clams, with juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup of cooked frozen shrimp, thawed
- 1 (9 ounce) can tuna in water, drained and broke into chunks
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices lemons
- 6 slices of frech bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In Dutch oven, sauté onion, celery, and garlic in oil for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes with juice, clams with juice, wine, Worcestershire, thyme, hot pepper sauce, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and tuna cook for 2 minutes to heat.
- Remove bay leaf and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with lemon slices and serve with bread.