Recipe by Sharlene~W
Found this yummy recipe in Cooking Light Magazine. For those of you doing Weight Watchers or Atkins: (4 servings yield = 3 oz meat and about 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce each).
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless center-cut pork loin chops, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons fresh ginger, chopped and peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first chopped onion, bourgon and black pepper in a large zip-loc plactic bag with pork chops.
- Seal, shake and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, ginger, cornstarch and honey in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the soy mixture into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cook for one minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in green onions.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork mixture to pan and cook, stirring frequently for about 6 minutes until the pork is done.
- Serve with Sauce.