Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
This is a delicious, robust tomato condiment that can accompany grilled foods, curry, or as a mix-in for pasta or a baked potato topping. Try it in the summer with garden-fresh tomatoes - outstanding!
Top Review by Food Goddess
I loved it, Mr. Womderful loved it, Precious MIracle (daughter) loved it - only changes I made - added garlic (cuz I just have to have garlic) and I used the stick blender on the tomato simply because I do not like chucky tomato. Flavors were fabulous and will make it again and again. Served with papadum and life was wonderful
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes or 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 small white onion, minced
- 1 green onion, white and little part of green,chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Add about 2 tbsp. water to halved cherry or grape tomatoes in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until tomatoes are softened and slightly broken up, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in onions, cilantro, parsley, jalapeno, lemon juice and salt.
- Let flavors meld for about an hour, then serve, preferably at room temperature.