Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from Grand Diplome Cooking Course for the Zaar World Tour 3 contest.
- 2 (2 1/2 lb) roasting chickens, each 2 1/2 lbs. (5 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 firm ripe papaya
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Truss the chickens, and rub on the butter and then lay bacon slices on top.
- Halve the papaya , discarding the seeds and cut a thin slice from each bottom so it sits firmly.
- Place the papaya in a deep buttered casserole and spreadthe cut surface of fruit with the mustard.
- Set the chickens on top of the mustard coated papaya, sprinkle with the lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Cover casserole dish and roast 60 minutes or until the papaya is soft and the chickens are very tender.
- To serve split each chicken in half discarding the back bones. Cut each piece of papaya in half .
- Serve each person half a chicken and a quarter of the papaya, with pan juices.