Recipe by Michelle S.
I was given this recipe by a former coworker who was Armenian. Whenever I bring the leftovers to work for lunch, everyone is popping into the breakroom to see what smells so delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin, depends on taste
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh cilantro (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground beef, onion, parsley, cumin, egg, and bread crumbs.
- Form into small football shapes.
- In a large saucepan, combine tomato sauce and garlic; bring to a simmer.
- Add"footballs" and let cook 45 minutes, stirring gently occasionally.
- Serve over rice pilaf and garnish with cilantro.