Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A super easy recipe for perfect big soft pretzels using a bread machine.
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, salt for outside before baking
- kosher salt, for outside before baking
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I use grapeseed)
- Put ingredients into bread machine and run dough cycle.
- When done, boil 2 quarts water and ¼ cup baking soda and preheat oven to 450.
- Cut dough into six pieces and roll each by hand into thickness of a cigar.
- Twist into pretzels and boil until puffy, about 1 minute on each side and place on Pizza Screen.
- Sprinkle Kosher Salt to taste and bake until dark brown on the outside (about 15 minutes).
Fresh pretzels aren't so easy to find around here, so making these was an absolute winner for me, as was eating them, for sure! I'll definitely be making these wonderful treats again, I know! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]