1/1 Photo of Easiest Whole Wheat Bread
1 hr 25 mins
Lets just say that if I can make this anyone can! A delicious soft wheat bread that even my kids enjoy. I got this recipe from a food storage class that I attended. The sample that I tasted gave me hope that I can make a delicious wheat bread too. Lemon juice in the recipe gives the bread a light and fine texture and gluten provides elasticity and strength and helps to retain moisture. This is an adapted recipe by a lady by the name of Jamie Rasmussen.*If you can use wheat flour that comes from "Soft White Wheat" instead of "Hard Red Wheat" the results will be a lighter color bread and an even more tender crumb.
My Private Note
8x4 loa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the first three ingredients in mixer with dough hook.
- 2Add water all at once and mix for one minute; cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3Add salt, oil honey or sugar and lemon juice and beat for one minute or until combined.
- 4Add last flour, 1 cup at a time beating between each cup.
- 5Beat for 6 to 10 minutes until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- 6This makes a very soft dough.
- 7Preheat oven for 1 minute to lukewarm and turn off.
- 8Turn dough out onto oiled surface; divide and shape into loaves and place in oiled bread pans.
- 9Let rise in warm oven 10-15 minutes or until dough reaches top of pan (for some reason this about a half hour for me).
- 10Do not remove bread from oven; turn oven to 350 and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 11Remove from pans and cool on racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easiest Whole Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1590 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1816.7
- Calories from Fat 416
- Total Fat 46.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3518.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 312.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 40.8 g
- Sugars 48.0 g
- Protein 65.8 g