Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was the first white chili recipe I ever made. I loved that you didn't have to cook the chicken first. I usually have all the ingredients, so it only takes ten minutes to put together. This is great for company, since it does not need minding.
- 4 chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (11 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies (undrained)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- oyster crackers, to top
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a 2-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Stir well and set aside.
- Saute onion, garlic, and cumin in oil in a skillet until onion is tender.
- Add to chicken mixture, stirring well.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove from oven.
- Add hot sauce to taste and stir well.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Garnish with oyster crackers.