Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
This was the first white chili recipe I ever made. I loved that you didn't have to cook the chicken first. I usually have all the ingredients, so it only takes ten minutes to put together. This is great for company, since it does not need minding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (11 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies (undrained)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- oyster crackers, to top
- 1Combine first 7 ingredients in a 2-1/2 quart baking dish.
- 2Stir well and set aside.
- 3Saute onion, garlic, and cumin in oil in a skillet until onion is tender.
- 4Add to chicken mixture, stirring well.
- 5Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 6Remove from oven.
- 7Add hot sauce to taste and stir well.
- 8Sprinkle with cheese.
- 9Garnish with oyster crackers.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easiest White Chili
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.6
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 78.8 mg
- Sodium 638.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 38.0 g