Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was the first white chili recipe I ever made. I loved that you didn't have to cook the chicken first. I usually have all the ingredients, so it only takes ten minutes to put together. This is great for company, since it does not need minding.
- 4 chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (11 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies (undrained)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- oyster crackers, to top
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a 2-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Stir well and set aside.
- Saute onion, garlic, and cumin in oil in a skillet until onion is tender.
- Add to chicken mixture, stirring well.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove from oven.
- Add hot sauce to taste and stir well.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Garnish with oyster crackers.
Yummy !! I ever made white chii before til trying this Recipe. I will be taking a pic the next time I this recipe. Yummy !!
The flavor of this chili is great but I had a problem with liquid (and I DID drain all the beans and corn). I thought the 1 1/2 cups of water was a bit too much so I only added 1 cup of water and I felt it was still a bit too liquidy. It's a great recipe though, I'm going to play around with it and make it less watery. Next time I'll chop the chicken into smaller pieces. I also added more cumin....almost a tablespoon full, just because we love that flavor, and I used Tabasco smoked chipotle sauce for the hot sauce. I served it with tortilla chips and my family really liked it, especially my home-from-college daughter who is sick of dorm food! Thanks Roxy, this is almost 5-star and will be when I can figure out how to make it less watery!