Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this once when I was experimenting with chocolate whipped cream. It's so versatile. Sometimes I'll make an individual portion for myself, and I easily triple the amount of cocoa I use. Try adding some pureed raspberries, blueberries, or some thickened orange juice.
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 44.37-59.16 ml instant chocolate pudding mix
- 29.58-59.16 ml cocoa powder
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- Dump everything in a bowl.
- Give it all a stir with a spoon, so that it's pretty well mixed (it can still be lumpy, though--the main thing is you don't want to have dry cocoa powder, as it'll go all over if you try to mix it).
- Use a hand mixer to mix it all together until stiff and fluffy. It should be thicker than whipped cream. Feel free to add other ingredients after getting it to the right texture, too. I like to add in cocoa powder if I think it's not chocolaty enough. And it's never chocolaty enough.
I was looking for a simple mousse recipe and this is it! It took seconds to make and was delicious. I used 4 tablespoons instant pudding and 3 tablespoons cocoa powder. If you mix too long it gets really thick, which is good if you like it that way...I like mine to be a little more light and fluffy so I added about a teaspoon of powdered sugar and a teaspoon of milk which fluffed it up a bit. GREAT recipe, I'm passing this one on to my mom who LOVES chocolate mousse as much as I do! Thanks!