Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My husband is always happy when I make this dish. It may not be 'official' Swiss Steak, but that's what we call it. It's so tasty and EASY. You can cook it either by crock pot or oven. I like to serve it on top of mashed potatoes, but you could also serve it over noodles. Adjust quantities of ingredients to suite your taste; it's pretty much dump-cooking.
- 2 -3 lbs tenderized round steaks or 2 -3 lbs beef eye round
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- Coat the meat in flour.
- Brown both sides of the meat in a greased pan; don't cook all the way through, just get it browned.
- Mix all the soups and broth together.
- Transfer meat into crockpot or pan for the oven.
- Pour soups/broth mixture on top.
- Cook until done and meat is really tender. This takes about 8-10 hrs in crock pot on low or 3-4 hours in oven at 300.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.