Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I first tasted these tasty little meatballs at my friend Shirley's house party over 30 years ago. I asked for the recipe and have been making them ever since, sometimes serving them as an appetizer and other times as a meal.
- 907.18 g lean ground beef (can use frozen meatballs)
- 396.89 g chili sauce (I prefer Del Monte)
- 236.59 ml grape jelly (can sub sugar-free)
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml brown sugar, more if desired (used to sprinkle)
- Mix chili sauce, grape jelly, and lemon juice in a medium sized saucepan.
- Sprinkle sugar over all and stir well.
- Cook till mixture liquifies.
- Form little meatballs (about one inch in diameter or larger, if you prefer) and drop into sauce, making sure you don't splash as it will be hot. (If you moisten your hands with water or oil the meat will not adhere to your hands as readily). Cover.
- Cook for 1/2 hour, but after 15 minutes, taste sauce and adjust, if necessary.
- These can be served with their sauce on a bed of noodles, or placed on a platter with tootpicks for appetizers without their sauce.
- Very tasty, easy and quick to make.